Thursday, May 10, 2007

Quotes Part I



Ethiopia

I have decided to write down and share with others meaning passages.
From the Pilgrimage by Paulo Coelho


…a world that seemed to know that, in order to grow, it had to continue moving along, always moving along

I am very glad to be here said Petrus because the work I did not finish is not important and the work I will be able to do after I get back will be so much better.

Don’t lose sight of your objective…does that happen to a lot of people? Mainly with people like you who are fascinated by details and forget what they are after.

This happened because the process of moving along did not exist for you. The only thing that existed was your desire to arrive at your goal.

Wherever your treasure is, there will be your heart.

The journey, which prior to this was torture because all you wanted to do was get there, is now beginning to become a pleasure. It is the pleasure of searching and the pleasure of adventure. You are nourishing something that’s very important – your dreams.

The good fight is the one we fight because our heart asks it of us. Today the good fight has shifted from battlefields to the fields within ourselves.

We kill our dreams because we are afraid to fight the good fight.

The first symptom of the process of our killing our dreams is the lack of time.

The second symptom of the death of our dreams lies in our certainties – we ask so little of life.

The third symptom is peace. Life becomes a Sunday afternoon – we ask for nothing grand, and we cease to demand anything more than we are willing to give…we seek personal and professional achievement.

We always know which is the best road to follow, but we follow only the road that we have been accustomed to.

The only way we can rescue our dreams is by being generous with ourselves.

They do not see that with an awareness of death they would be able to even more daring, to go further in the daily conquests, because then they would have nothing to lose – for death is inevitable.

You are in a spot that is absolutely safe, with one exception: the danger created by your own fear.

Love and all things change like the wind.

When I sent you without moneybags, knapsacks, and sandals, you lacked nothing.

A great sense of calm came over me, and I felt a kind of presence alongside me. I looked over and saw the face of my death. This was not the death that I had experienced a few minutes before, the death I had created with my fears and my imagination; it was my true death, my friend and counselor, who was never again going to allow me to act like such a coward…He was not going to allow me to put off until tomorrow what I should be enjoying today.

Wisdom has value only if it helps us to overcome some obstacles

You have your own way of living your life, or dealing with problems, and of winning.

Teaching is only demonstrating it is possible. Learning is making it possible for yourself.

People always arrive at the right moment at the place where someone awaits them.

The search for happiness is a personal search. (Sword’s secret) to know what to do with it and with the happiness that it would represent.

Few can accept the burden of their own victory. Most give up their dreams when they see that they can be realized.

1 comment:

Hamid Tour Manager said...

amazing and wise as usual
i kiss you
love you