Wednesday, May 9, 2007

The Time is Now and the Place is Here

Starbucks, Panda Mall, Taif, Saudi Arabia. April 2007


Nothing Happens Until You Decide

I have decided to write more.

I have decided to move on and not to re-contract for my 5th year of teaching and not to look for another job.

I have decided to live out a dream of taking time off. Time off from what I ask? The grind? The rat race? The world we make for ourselves? Time from out current situation to make time for other endeavors?

I have decided to spend time in nature by walking the camino de Santiago from France through northern Spain to Portugal. This will be an inward journey as much as an outer one. I want time to reflect and to be. The inward journey is to answer the almighty question, “what is my purpose?” The outward journey is to appreciate what each day has to offer in terms of terrain, history, people, culture, cuisine, and camaraderie.

I have decided not to have a schedule outside the fact I will start in September. I want to be flexible and open with what comes my way. My goal is not so much to “finish” but to “start”.

I have decided to practice, “When I sent you without money bags, knapsacks, and sandals, you lacked nothing (from the Pilgrimage by P Coelho)” and go lightly by taking the minimum needed for a multi day trek, a notebook, a reading book, a map, a guide book, an umbrella, my knitting, and my camera. I will leave the mobile phone behind.

I have decided the time is NOW and the place is HERE and that is all that really matters.

I have decided to create a blog for this journey and here it is.

May 10, 2007

1 comment:

Azure Guy said...

Life is Balance..

I'm not saying life is equality, cuz the majority differs from time to time..

but there's a balance..
b\w good & bad,
morning & evening,
rain & sun,
war & peace,
technology & poverty,
Happiness & Sadness..

---------

are you ending your contract and not searching for another job? then you want to terminate your function as human living for a purpose?
if temporary 2 relax then no complaints, but I saw some vague in the outlook between the lines.

i really wanna write more, but I've homeworks 2do! I'm learning & teaching, taking & giving, consuming & producing = I'm alive! this's the concept of what I believe.

good luck!